Saturday, July 11, 2009

My Dad's 50th Surprise Birthday Party

My dad didn't know the girls and I came into town and he didn't know they were throwing him a birthday party. They brought him home in a blindfold and we were in the garage waiting to surprise him. The DJ played a game where he had to guess the song and the artist. After one song she put me on the mic and I was SUPPOSED to tell a story so he would know it was me. 
However... I was crying before I even started talking and I tried twice to tell the stupid story. I got a few words out the second try and my dad started crying. It was really emotional! 
They decorated the garage (the dj called it a barn haha) and they had music and food and friends and family there! 
This was my favorite. I made so much fun of them for bringing the Huatabampo Hot Dog guy in to cater food. Awesome!!! 
You know you're in the sticks when... hot dogs on wheels rolls in! :) 

This is me, dad, my two cousing, Scott and Cory and my little seester and nephew! Angie just jumped in right as they were taking it! Silly girl. It was a night I'll never forget!!! 
Happy Birthday Dadda!!!


3 comments:

TakeAJourneyWithMe said...

Definatly a night you wont forget! Im so happy all the surpises worked out!

Christy said...

I got misty eyed reading about you crying! Dads are the best!

Marguerite "Meganne" Grumbles said...

Amanda, I just balled when I read this post about you all surprising your Dad for his B'day! I am so glad you all were able to pull off the suprise. You and your dad and sister are so sweet together! It really makes me miss mine! ;( I hope you all are having a great time! ;)